logo
* 搜尋
* 核能資訊中心
* 中心簡介
* 日本福島核災專區
* 相關資訊
國際核能現況 : US Utilities To Abandon Summer-3 And -4 AP1000 Nuclear Project
發表人 nicenter 於 2017/8/4 17:29:02 (14 人讀取)

1 Aug (NucNet): The two US utilities that co-own the project to build two Westinghouse AP1000 nuclear reactor units at the Summer nuclear station in the state of South Carolina said on 31 July 2017 that they are suspending construction.




South Carolina Electric & Gas (SCE&G) owns 55% of the project and state-owned utility Santee Cooper owns the remaining 45%.

Santee Cooper said in a statement that the decision to halt construction of Summer-3 and -4 is anticipated to save its customers nearly $7bn (€5.9bn) in additional costs to complete the project, including projected interest during construction.

The statement said the decision to suspend construction is based in large part on a comprehensive analysis of detailed schedule and cost data, from both project contractor Westinghouse and subcontractor Fluor Corporation, first revealed after Westinghouse, filed for bankruptcy in March 2017.

Santee Cooper said it has spent approximately $4.7bn in construction and interest to date for its 45% share of the new nuclear power project.

The analysis shows the project would not be finished until 2024, four years after the most recent completion date provided by Westinghouse, and would end up costing Santee Cooper customers $11.4bn.

“Generation diversity remains an important strategy for Santee Cooper, but the costs of these units are simply too much for our customers to bear,” said Santee Cooper chairman Leighton Lord.

Scana Corporation, which owns SCG&E, confirmed construction would be abandoned and said SCE&G concluded that completion of both units would be prohibitively expensive.

Scana said it would file a petition with the Public Service Commission of South Carolina seeking approval of its abandonment plan.

Last week Toshiba Corporation, which owns Westinghouse, agreed to pay the two utilities $2.2bn for the two Westinghouse reactors under construction at Summer regardless of whether they are completed.

Under the settlement, Tokyo-based Toshiba will pay $1.2bn to SCE&G and $1bn to Santee Cooper.



source: http://www.nucnet.org/all-the-news/2017/08/01/us-utilities-to-abandon-summer-3-and-4-ap1000-nuclear-project



其他新聞
2017/8/16 9:20:00 - Major components installed at final Barakah unit
2017/8/10 17:48:32 - 106年8月8日媒體報導「核電廠隨時釀災 地方首長硬起來」之回應說明
2017/8/10 17:47:19 - 核四廠現為資產維護,從未裝填核子燃料,並無所謂核能發電之情事
2017/8/10 17:46:07 - NRC Staff Directed To Gather Information In Preparation For Yucca Restart
2017/8/10 17:45:21 - Nuclear Energy’s Long-Term Potential Remains High, Says IAEA
2017/8/10 17:44:38 - Special Report: Can India Maintain Its Ambitious Push For New Nuclear?
2017/8/10 17:43:44 - Start Of System Testing Approved At Chernobyl Spent Fuel Storage Facility
2017/8/10 17:42:25 - Nuclear capacity could more than double by 2050, says IAEA
2017/8/10 17:41:31 - India awards contract for fast reactor fuel cycle facility
2017/8/10 17:40:32 - Egypt, Russia 'complete Daba'a plant talks'
2017/8/4 17:31:01 - Japan Report Shows Benefits Of Nuclear Restarts
2017/8/4 17:30:14 - Spain’s Garoña To Shut Down Permanently After Ministry Blocks Restart
2017/8/4 17:29:02 - US Utilities To Abandon Summer-3 And -4 AP1000 Nuclear Project
2017/8/4 17:27:48 - Japanese Data On Marine Samples Near Fukushima Reliable, IAEA Concludes
2017/8/4 17:23:19 - Japan to benefit from reactor restarts, says IEEJ
2017/8/4 17:22:47 - Georgia Power expects late August decision on Vogtle
2017/8/4 17:22:01 - Kudankulam Phase III enters design stage
2017/8/4 17:21:32 - US nuclear construction project to be abandoned
2017/7/28 9:53:01 - Latvia Is Against Belarusian Nuclear Station Legislation, Says Foreign Minister
2017/7/28 9:52:01 - Target For Last Hanhikivi Design Documentation Is Spring 2018, Says Fennovoima

 線上期刊目錄

 瀏覽人數
今天: 5
昨天: 94
本月: 2956
總計: 496249

30013 新竹市光復路二段101號 創新育成中心三樓309室 電話:(03)571-1808 傳真:(03)572-5461 Email: nicenter@nicenter.org.tw